Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back again!

Hello all, I'm back again, and apologize deeply for such a long absence.  I've put the time to good use, though, I promise!

As you know, I decided back at the end of January to knit dresses and sweaters for the four younger girls for Easter.  As my deadline drew closer, I came to realize that if I spent time at the computer, that was time away from my knitting needles, and I needed every minute I could get.  So, while I was away from you, every spare minute, and I mean Every Single Spare Minute, was spent on the dresses.  But YAY, I finished, on time, and without pulling a single all- nighter!

Here are Emma's and Abby's dresses:


And here are Madison's and Katie's:

Here are the girls on Easter morning:


They were quite happy with these dresses, which was a huge relief to me, after the months spent working on them.  While at church that morning, several people complimented them on their outfits.  Without fail, (well, except for Maddie), each girl said, "Thank you, my mom made it.", which made me quite happy.  It was nice to feel that they were proud of me!

And that is nearly the sum total of my knitting projects for March and April.  I did manage this knitted, beaded necklace, which was meant for Easter, but wound up not matching the dress I bought.  I did wear it on another occasion though, and got several comments about it.  I can't wait to try another one!

And I spent quite a bit of time on a cross stitch picture for Don, which was meant to be an anniversary present.  Our anniversary fell on Easter as well, and his present wasn't finished quite on time.  As I didn't actually finish it until May, and as it isn't in a frame yet, I will post pictures of that sometime later.

Here is a picture of Don with his carrot harvest.  I have to say, initially, I thought the garden was my garden, but it turns out, it is actually Don's!  He takes great pride in the vegetables that he grows, and I, after all, get to do the fun parts, which consist of helping to choose what we are going to grown, and then doing something with them after harvest!


Don, however, prepared this harvest for the freezzer.  He cleaned all of these, then sliced them, blanched them, and put them in the freezer.  We wound up with 3 1/2 pounds of sliced carrots...not too shabby!  Added to the cauliflower and broccoli, we had quite a nice little winter garden.  That's gone now though, and the spring/summer veggies are in, and already doing quite well!

This post was meant to be short and sweet, just to let you know that I've not forgotten about you!  I'll be back soon to catch you up on some of our other doings.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment