Thursday, February 4, 2010

Two Weeks Between Posts, but very productive!

So, what have I been doing for the last 2 weeks?  Well, first off, my in-laws came to visit us for a few days, as our #5 daughter was turning 4.  My mother-in-law has been hosting family "Ravioli Days" (where everyone gets together to make homemade ravioli) for years, but I seldom get a chance to travel down and participate, so I asked her if we could do a version at our house.  She agreed, and my dad came to help.  Together, we made about 99 dozen ravioli, both meat and cheese filled, plus 3 pounds of cavatelli and 1 pound of linguine.  Here are pictures of the fun!




The next day was Katie's birthday party, so here she is with her cake:


Aside from the standard household-with-six-girls stuff, I've been a knitting fool!  One of the ladies in my MOPS (Mothers of Pre Schoolers) group asked me to make 2 pairs of slippers for her.  Of course, I can't stop at 2, so I made 10 pair of slippers and 5 pair of baby booties.  At our meeting today, not only did I sell her the 2 pairs she ordered, I sold 2 additional pairs to other ladies, and got orders for 6 more pair.  Yay!  My obsession is maybe going to pay for itself, at least in part!


I also finished 2 other works in progress, a pair of slippers for daughter #6, and these:

It's hard to tell in this picture, but they are adult size Mary Jane slippers.

Here is the latest progress on the cross stitch baby sampler.  As you can see, I'm closing in on the end.  I may even beat my deadline.


Today, at MOPS, our craft project was a beaded bracelet, which I have always wanted to try.  I came home and finished the one I started, which is on the left, and dug out all of the supplies I bought a few years ago, and made the one on the right.  I am working now on a third one.  May as well, I have the beads for them!


And now, back to knitting....2 weeks to finish 6 more pairs of ladybugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment