Friday, February 26, 2010

Must be Spring Fever!

So far this week, my life has been all about productivity...in areas other than completing knitting projects, that is!  In the last 3 days, I've done 14 loads of laundry, cleaned 2 refrigerators, changed the sheets on 5 of the 9 beds in our house, scrubbed the stove, mopped the floor, and cleaned the 55 gallon aquarium...twice.  I've also vacuumed, tidied up, cooked dinners, wiped counters, and done countless loads of dishes.  I've made a list for myself every morning, and faithfully checked off items as they've been completed.  So far, the only day I had an item remaining on the list at bedtime was yesterday.  The item I didn't get to?  "Knit booties"!

Yes, I'm including knitting on my to-do lists!  Is this cheating, you might ask?  The answer (of course!), is no, as the items on the list were ordered by a friend, and need to be completed by next Thursday.  Of the 6 pairs of slippers she asked for, I have 2 that are done being knit, but have yet to be seamed or embellished.  I'm hoping to get a third pair done today.  I'm starting with the more labor intense pairs first, as I can finish the other 3 pairs done fairly quickly.  Then, it's back to cross stitch for a little while.

Why the change in attitude?  I'm analyzing that myself.  For the last 3 weeks or so, knitting has taken the forefront of my priorities.  Not, I need to clarify, to the exclusion of  everything else, but I've definitely, ummm, skimped a little bit on household upkeep, as my husband oh so subtly pointed out last weekend.  (And he is VERY subtle any time he employs guilt...I love him for that, and so much more!)  Maybe the guilt got me, or maybe I just reached my threshold.  Maybe I'm just spring cleaning.  All I know is that I'm quite proud of myself at the moment!

Slotted to be finished this weekend:  change the sheets on 2 of the remaining beds (the last 2 belong to my teenagers, and they are on their own), clean 2 of the 3 bathrooms (again, the older girls can do #3), clean the microwave, vacuum and dust the whole house, mop the remaining floors, approximately 3 more loads of laundry, clean the laundry room, and clean out the downstairs closet.  Oh yes, and finish the slippers.  I think I can, I think I can....

No comments:

Post a Comment