Monday, February 22, 2010

Dishcloth Knit-along

I previously posted that I was participating in Melissa Goodsell's dishcloth create-along.  The end of the 2 week long fun was Saturday, and I thought I'd post some pictures of the finished projects.
My final count of finished items was 10 dishcloths, 2 bath mitts, and 5 scrubbies.  One dishcloth and one scrubbie were gifted to my mom for Valentine's day, but were shown in a previous post.

Here are some more pictures:

Two of the three round cloths I completed.  The cloth in blues was a pattern found on this site, and is the windmill pattern.  My gauge was off though, and I had to do an additional repeat to make my circle close.

These were done in Sugar 'n Cream yarn, and the pattern is in the Sugar 'n Cream Kitchen Color pattern book.  I particularly love the striped one.

I used this create-along to try some patterns that I had previously book marked.  The cloth on the left, however is an old standby.  I actually found it on a pair of needles in a box, and have no idea when I started it.  The other 2 were from various pattern books I've found in my garage.  The one on the right is a trinity stitch, and I'm not sure I'll do that one again.

Four of the five completed scrubbies.

Two adult sized wash mitts, and the gingerbread scented shower gel I'm going to package them with.  The pattern is a basic mitten pattern for stitch count and sizing, but it is knit in garter stitch, to have a little bit of scrubbing power.

My very first ever venture into crochet.  The cloth on the left was my first attempt, and is also found in the Sugar 'n Cream Kitchen Color pattern book.  One of the other participants posted her picture of the fish cloth, and I had to try it.  Find the pattern here.  As you can see, I need some more practice!

And finally, the two cloths I haven't finished yet.  The one on the left was one of those tucked away in a box and forgotten.  It will be finished sometime this week.  The one on the right was my practice crochet swatch.  I think I will keep on practicing, and turn it into an appropriate dishcloth size, and make it useful!

Not bad, considering I also made 7 pairs of ladybug slippers, 2 pairs of baby booties, and 3 crayon caddies, in the same 2 week period.  My husband is very tolerant!  And now, back to ladybugs....I have 6 more pairs of them, and 4 more pairs of booties that I need by March 4th...wish me luck!


  1. Love your blue windmill one! :) And the great thing about these circular cloths is it doesn't matter if you have to add another a wedge to the pattern - they're fantastic!

    But, then, of course I am biased! ;)

  2. Sewfunky, thanks so much for stopping by! I printed off several of your patterns, but only got to 2 of them so far. Thanks for making them available, I enjoy learning new things, and your patterns fit the bill perfectly! :)

  3. Hi, thanks for your kind comment on my blog :)I've Jan Eaton's book "200 crochet blocks for blankets, throws and afghans", and I used #149 Solid Square with the variegated yarn, just in the one colour, and for the green one I used #39 Gavin's Stripes, just without the stripes ;-) Hope that helps. I'm very impressed by your first efforts at crochet, especially your fish :) Love your knitted cloths, too!