So, in order to track my progress on that goal, I've decided to take pictures of every finished project for the year. Hopefully, I will see some sense of productivity by year's end. I won't be able to show you every picture every month, as a lot of them will be presents, but I will show them to you by year's end. And, in order to stay honest, I'll let you know if the yarn used was a stash yarn, or a new purchase. Oh, and I guess I'd better designate which projects were former UFOs, and which were new.
First up, a potholder. Kind of mundane, I know, but I had purchased a book of patterns for dishcloths and potholders, and this was in there. I wanted to try out some new techniques, my pot holders all look really awful, and I had the yarn in the garage, so I was totally able to justify this new project:
|P.S.: She won't wear it. She still has Don's hat!|
The next project was legwarmers for Katie. That girl wears dresses or skirts almost every day, regardless of the weather! It makes me cold just looking at her sometimes, so I made her some legwarmers, as a kind of compromise. I actually knitted these on her birthday, and finished them the same day I started them, so they didn't stay on the needles for very long. While they were a new project, I had the yarn in my stash, so that was a plus. Here is Katie, modeling them:
That project led to projects 5 & 6. Yep, that's right, they wanted legwarmers too. So yes, 2 more new projects. But, I used stash yarn for both, and had both pair done in 2 days. Katie's are in the pictures too, but Emma's are pink, and Abby's are purple. I was going to make a pair for Maddie also, but we discovered that her pair from last year still fits.
Project #7 probably shouldn't really count, but I'm going to. I made this dishcloth last year, and it's been sitting around for at least the last 6 months. Finished. Except for one thing: weaving in all the yarn ends. And there were about 8 of them. I hate weaving in yarn ends. That is why this at around. But, when I came across it, I decided that the time had come, and in approximately 15 minutes, I finally able to add a check mark to my list of UFOs. (I'm not proud, I'll take it!) (Again, a new technique! I found the pattern for this dishcloth online, and sadly, cannot find it now. When I do, I will publish the link.)
I'm not going to show you project #8, because it may or may not be a present for someone. I will say that I used yarn from my stash, but that it was a new project. So it counts on one list, but not the other.
Project #9 will be a gift, and it was a UFO. It was a fun project, and I learned some new techniques, so I will be making more of that one!
Projects #10 and #11 were UFOs, started before Christmas, and may or may not be gifts. Also projects that I learned some new techniques in!
Okay, so final count:
1 new project with purchased yarn,
6 new projects with stash yarn, and
4 UFOs completed
All in all, not a bad January!