The other pair was exactly the same. Cute, and easy to knit, but I'm ready for a break from them, especially in hot pink!
Oh yeah! Dad wears glasses! That's better.
Square 9 was in desparate need of some outlining around the silver bits:
That helps a little, but I'm still not convinced entirely that I like it.
That is what the logo is supposed to look like, right next to the stitching. Yeah, not even close.
After 20 minutes ripping out stitches, and roughly an hour trying to come up with a workable pattern, and another hour or so doing the actual stitching, I achieved this:
Still not exactly right, but a whole lot closer. At least it's recognizable.
As for new squares today, I have two to show you:
This is Don, my wonderful husband, who is tolerating this project quite admirably. He's not a golfer, but I think he and I both wish he had the opportunity to play more often. So far, this was my most fun square.
The next square is when Don and I met, working for the company represented above:
Yes, the faces are a little scary, and will probably be redone. I should probably explain that Don claims that the first words I ever spoke to him were "Give me what I want, when I want it, and we'll get along just fine." I maintain that this is untrue. They weren't the first words I ever spoke to him. Anyway, that is the reason why my hands are on my hips: as a nod to his recollection.
My sister asked me to show her a shot of all the squares put together, and here it is:
All in all, not bad for approximately 4 days of effort. I was hoping to get 2 more squares done tonight, but I think, after I hit "publish post", I'm going to call it a day.
In other news today, we had a MOPS gathering, and it was craft day. I don't have any pictures yet of the craft, as I've left them out in my car, but we made loofah soap. They provided pieces of PVC pipe and pieces of loofah sponge. After wrapping the end of the pipe in plastic wrap and securing it with rubber bands, we sprayed nonstick cooking spray in the mold. We placed the loofah inside, and then poured in melted glycerin soap. The idea was to take it home and let it set completely, then push it out of the mold and slice it into pieces. Moisturizing soap with built in exfoliation! I'm hoping to find some "alone" time tomorrow to finish.
And now, some signs that spring is trying to show itself. We had gorgeous weather here last week, but it is rainy and chilly again, and they are predicting rait this weekend. But, I took a few minutes to go out in my yard for some fresh air, and these are the pics I snapped: