Thursday, January 14, 2010

Getting Started

Last night, I was laying awake until the wee hours, and for some reason, it seemed like a good idea to start a blog. So, this is it, my first attempt at writing for other people. Who knows if I have anything to say, and who knows if anything I say is worth reading. I guess we'll find out!



I guess the first order of business ought to be an introduction. Perhaps you might decide we have something in common, and stick around. I am currently a stay at home mom to 6 girls, which you might have already guessed. Let's get the usual out of the way first. Yes, they are all mine. No, we weren't trying for a boy. No, we are not having any more. No, we are not Mormon, traditional Catholics, members of a cult, or related to the Duggars. No, we don't have or want a tv show. Yes, I love my life, and wouldn't trade my girls, even the teenagers. There, if you have any questions I didn't cover, feel free to contact me. Our girls are 15, 14, 5, 5, almost 4, and 10 months. We have 3 girls dogs. Our house is very low on testosterone, so please feel free to send your sympathy to my husband and our male cat.



Needless to say, life with 6 girls is a little challenging at times. Besides caring for them and taking care of our house, I am an avid reader and love crafting. I always have at least 3 books in the works, and probably twice that many projects going. My current crafting passion is knitting, but I have previously worked on quilting, polymer clay, paper crafts, and counted cross stitch, to name a few. These are my sanity savers, and can sometimes push more mundane things like laundry and mopping floors to the bottom of the list. My philosophy on this, however, is that if it needs to be cleaned today, it will still need to be cleaned tomorrow. That's not to say our house is dirty, just that some times, it looks.....lived in.

If you are still here, thanks for sticking around. I look forward to getting to know you!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogland! I look forward to getting to "know" you. :-)

    ReplyDelete