Thursday, October 21, 2010

Busy, Busy, Busy...and about to get busier!

Yikes, time sure flies!  I've had the best of intentions for sitting down and writing to you, but before I know it, the day is over!

Two weeks ago, Katie, Maddie, and I went to MOPS.  It was Craft Day, which is one of my favorite things about going there.  Big surprise, right?  This month's craft was children's aprons.  Some moms worked on their projects there, but I took mine home to do with the girls.

We were given canvas aprons to color on, using regular crayons, then heat setting with an iron.  I had each of the girls pick out a picture from PrintShop to use:


Then, using my sliding glass door and a Sharpie pen, I traced the outlines for them:

This was a really good idea, but by the time I finished the fourth one, I thought my arms were going to drop off!  I used to have a glass topped dining room table, which was perfect for things like this.  On that day, I missed that table!

The next step was to get the kids busy with their crayons:

Abby


Emma

and Katie.

Maddie didn't get to help, but she was there "supervising" while I made one for her.

The next step was to heat set the design, and make it washable.  Using an iron on high heat and a sheet of computer paper, you iron the design until the wax starts to bleed through the paper.

Proof that I own an iron, even if it is only used for craft projects!

And now, the finished aprons:






Super fun, super easy, super quick!  Do kids' projects get any better than that?

On a quick side note:  in my title, I say I'm about to get busier.  NO, not baby #7.  Two nights ago, I signed on to be a Daisy Scout Troop leader for the kindergarten and first grade girls at our elementary school.  So far, we have 11 girls signed up to participate, and could get more.  As if that won't keep me busy enough, last night I participated in a Children's Ministry Vision meeting, and it looks as if that will be an ongoing project also.  I'm excited about both of these projects, and hope that I can balance everything, without having to give up much of what I'm already doing.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment